Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Covering It All

I already know I do too much, but when my meat cutter overdoses on 90 degree weather playing softball every night, I gotta step in. I arrive Thursday morning with a note that he is dehydrated and can't come in today. Well, because right now he is my only cutter, it's me. But I am also the daytime counter person in the deli as well as the mashgiach until 1:00 pm. Get on the phone. I finally work out that Frank will come at 10:00 am and Michelle will come at 5:00 pm so I don't have to stay until 9 pm. Not bad. It's 7:30 pm and I am finally checking my email and sitting writing this entry. We have a catering gig tomorrow, so it is a bit busy upstairs. I hope Matt comes tomorrow. One day I will have enough sales so that I can comfortably have backups and managers in every department.

No comments: